To help mental health professionals and practitioners stay up-to-date on the most current advances in clinical treatment, The Family Institute offers continuing professional education through conferences, lectures, seminars and clinical consultation.
Check back for upcoming Conferences.
We are authorized by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation to provide Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW/LSW)
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC/LPC)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Licensed Clinical Psychologists (LCP)
The number of CEUs granted for continuing education activities will vary according to the length of the program attended.
Psychotherapists of The Family Institute provide clinical consultation to mental health professionals in group or individual format on a variety of topics as needed, including:
- Community agencies working with economically disadvantaged and underserved populations.
- Supervisors-in-training needing supervision mentorship from AAMFT-approved supervisors.
- New graduates needing clinical supervision from licensed psychotherapists.
- Professionals working with adoptive families; LGBT individuals, couples and families; and individuals and couples at midlife and beyond and their families.
AAMFT-Approved Supervisor Refresher Course
To maintain the highest quality supervisors in the field, the AAMFT requires AAMFT Approved Supervisors to take a refresher course prior to the renewal of their designation. This one-day course is designed specifically to meet that requirement, and to keep participants on the cutting edge of clinical supervision practice.
The course will include case examples, didactic, and interactional instruction methods and will focus on current resources available to supervisors, management of ethical and legal issues likely to arise during supervision, utilization of supervision contracts, cultural competence in supervision and therapy, and discussion of the current Approved Supervisor requirements.
Check back for future dates.