International Conference: Crossroads of Couple & Family Psychology
The Family Institute & The American Psychological Association's Society for Couple and Family Psychology (Division 43)
The International Academy of Family Psychology & Family Process Institute
Why should I attend?
- Up to 13 CEU credits will be included in the registration fee!
- Presenters at this historic conference will include the top names in the field of couples and family psychology, both in the US and abroad. Speakers include: Susan McDaniel, Nadine Kaslow, Sue Johnson, Scott Stanley, David Schnarch, Andy Christensen, Don Baucom, Howard Markman, and many more.
- This conference will articulate our systemic identity, and cement our position as an integral player within a globally interdependent healthcare system.
- Attendees will walk away with concrete strategies to improve their clinical practice, and/or new ideas for scholarly and research agendas.
- Moreover, the conference will elegantly and seamlessly bridge science and practice while operationalizing our core beliefs.
Conference & Registration Information
The International Conference will take place June 22nd - 24th, 2017 in the Hilton Orrington/Evanston Hotel, located at 1710 Orrington Ave, Evanston, IL 60201.
Registration is $300 for professionals, and $150 for students. Register today!
- Hotel rooms are $179/night, and can be booked now
- View the full Conference Agenda
The Society for Couple and Family Psychology (Division 43) provides a home for psychologists interested in families in their many forms. Clinical, scientific, educational and public policy perspectives are well represented in the wide range of divisional activities. The society has achieved specialty status in ABPP and has developed the Journal of Family Psychology, currently one of the fastest growing APA scientific journals. The society works with the practice directorate to ensure inclusion of psychologists in health care reimbursement plans. As the only APA division focusing primarily on families, the Society for Couple and Family Psychology strives to educate the professional community regarding the many advantages of a broader conceptual focus.
The American Academy of Couple and Family Psychology is devoted to the advancement of the psychological specialty of Couple and Family psychology in general and board certification (diplomate) in that specialty in particular. The primary purpose of the American Board of Couple and Family Psychology is the recruitment of applicants and the coordination of all examinations for board certification in family psychology. The American Academy of Couple and Family Psychology is comprised of all psychologists who are board certified in couple and family psychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology. Upon award of the diplomate in couple and family psychology, an individual becomes a fellow of the Academy. The Academy is involved in teaching and mentoring, promotion of the profession of family psychology, and communication among diplomates.